MOCHNI.COM teamed up with PFAFF!
I created our first sewing tutorial – an Off-Shouder dress, made out of eco-friendly linen fabric, perfect for summer days. It was so much fun and super easy to sew this dress. I sew the dress with the PFAFF expression 3.5. This machine gives you so many opportunities as it is very simple to use. You can read the Tutorial in German on pfaffblog.de! If you have any questions, please let me know in the comments below.
- Measuring Tape
- Chalk Pencil
- 1 Fixing Pin
- Sewing Machine
- Drape the fabric casually around your yourself and decide how long and wide you want your dress to be. Pay attantion to the straight grain. The straight grain should be in the lenght. Wrap the elastic around yourself over your bust and stretch it a little.
- Lay the fabric onto a table and draw a line at 1cm and 4 cm along the length of the fabric, where you want the elastic to be.
- Fold and iron the fabric towards the line by 1 cm and then by the 4 cm mark.
- Fix it with pins and sew along 0,5 cm.
- Pull the elastic through the opening with a fixing pin until the elastic appears at the other end.
- Sew the elastic together and sew along the centre back by 1 cm.
- Iron the seam apart.
- Iron the bottom seam twice by 1 cm.
- Fix the seam with pins.
- Sew along the buttom seam very tightly (as you can see on the photo below). And voila – the first part of the dress is finished.
- Repeat all steps with a smaller piece of fabric, which fits around your shoulders. As soon as you are finished with the second fabric, you can fix both center back points and center front points together with a pin and sew along with some stitchings.
- HERE YOU GO! 🙂
Antonia is the founder and creative director of MOCHNI. Her goal is to create an ethical future of consumerism by introducing authentic people, brands, and products and by sharing inspiring content with more than 250.000 women yearly. She loves a slow lifestyle and the Californian summer breeze.